Thursday, June 28, 2007

Remembering the band Phobia for a little bit...

I took the time to write this article in this specific day for no concrete reason but I just wanted to express a feeling that brought me when I realized I attended this event and because it is a good laugh for me to realize that what I am about to describe are real facts that happened in my life. I think I am also writing it in dedication of my honorable friend nick-named "Inodoro" from Monterrey, N.L., in Mexico, because he was a real fan and would've always wanted to see a live set of the band Extreme Noise Terror from Ipswich, England, UK . Well I feel privileged that I had the chance to listen to a live set of Extreme Noise Terror at the Note (a music-bar venue located in the popular Wicker Park neighborhood of Chicago, Il.) a few weeks ago this month of June, 2007. Seriously, this live show of Extreme Noise Terror took me back to an era back in late 1980's , somewhere in the music scene of London, UK, where some of the most obscure "hardcore-punk" bands existed at the time. These bands from this era of the history of this musical genre defined what the term known as "crust punk" is all about, and also derived some of the most radical concepts that are used on today's real life application on how to live a "radical life". If you pay attention to what these bands write in their lyrics you can see that their message is emphasized on giving a harsh criticism of everything that has a negative aspect and belongs to any of the following systems or areas of study such as capitalism, politics, animal cruelty, religion, wars, etc. This is considered "the roots" of radicalism and also the basis of a common way to transmit the message of how the politics of anarchism are applied in the "hardcore-punk" way of life. Well, also the band Phobia from Los Angeles,California toured with them this year of 2007 and just by listening to their live set you can see they are always keeping up that fast paced aggression (typical in "grindcore") that has characterized their sound since the band was formed back in the late 1980's. Well unfortunately I couldn't take any pictures of the Extreme Noise Terror show this year 0f 2007 (because my "goofy ass" for an unexpected reason wasn't carrying the camera), but i found some pictures on my secret archives from the Phobia show in 2006, when they played at some bar on Irving Park Rd. and Kostner Ave. ( in Chicago, Il. of course...) . Every song was just a "grinding-headbanging moshing until death" assault as I expected it to be, I was really brutalizing myself hard from the euphoria that the sound brought me over imagining a true battle of revolution and change in this life-struggle against these fucked up system; or I guess that was just an excuse for me to try to enjoy myself and have a good time at the show. Enjoy the pictures and try to capture the moments, it is a good laugh:

No comments: