Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Recent Approach to the Chicago scene...

Well last week I discovered a new independent venue in the city of Chicago called "People Projects" located @ 2129 N. Milwaukee Ave. I was really excited to realize they are booking the show on Tuesday July 31st for the upcoming and awaited AMPERE-DAITRO summer tour '07. I love these bands. It seems to be a pretty busy season for the venue since they seem to have at least 5 shows every month. We all know it's summer and every band takes the opportunity to hit the road in their vans since the weather is optimistic for their purposes. This is a new face of the local scene that I am hoping it will prevail and flourish throughout time. Please do come out for this show, great bands with generous messages and good intentions. If you like to find out more information you can go to the venue webpage @ www.myspace.com/people_projects .
Last weekend I went down there to a show. Four bands played, i think the two main touring bands were theDeathset and Ponytail, I think the first one is from Baltimore and the other one I am not quite sure. Sorry, I should've got more accurate details but I wasn't paying enough attention. Anyways I enjoyed the first two bands more than anything. The first band that played was a local band called Parsley Flakes. I think their style is very unique and is convincing the fact that they sound like a mix between Devo and Crass. It was a great performance that got me dancing for the most part. I hope to see a vinyl record soon. And the second band that played was from Milwaukee, WI called Terrior Bute. Double Keyboard and drums it's all they got but sure is enough to make you dance through their tunes. I couldn't get any of their recorded stuff because I am not a big cd fan. But I got some nice pictures for everyone to look at the fun we had:
1)Parsley Flakes:











































2)Terrior Bute:

1 comment:

leeann raye said...

weird, i work with the keyboardist from the parsley flakes.